Happy Thursday! The CSA from Strites’ will be starting soon and I can’t wait to start sharing seasonal recipes with you again. Since starting Iris and Honey, I have tried to find local bloggers to follow. From Harrisburg to Philadelphia, these blogs do not necessarily have a local focus, but they inspire me to keep improving my blog and motivate me to keep blogging. These bloggers all write posts that are relatable, light hearted, and overall creative. I hope you will like them as well!
- Everything Kellie posts on The Suburban Soapbox looks delicious. From Garlic Roasted Shrimp Cocktail to Pink Champagne Gummy Bears, her recipes are not only easy to follow, they are fun, too! I want to try everything she makes. I know I will never take photographs as good as she does, but maybe someday I will come close. Her recipe for this roasted aspargus is next on my list!
- I have been following Lynn at Fresh April Flours since before I even started blogging. I love the colors and layout of her blog almost as much as her recipes. Her personality really shines through in all of her posts and she’s got great style. I adapted her recipe for Crustless Caprese Quiche and also made a certain mint candy puppy chow. You can only find the recipe for that in her cookbook. Did I mention she has a cookbook? She does it all!
- Wendy’s blog, ABCs and Garden Peas is a lifestyle blog with recipes, PA travel articles, home and garden articles, and more. Wendy has been writing for ABCs and Garden Peas since 2010 and is still coming up with relevant and interesting ideas. I can only hope to be as successful as she is someday. Hello, 22 Creative Ways to Use Fresh Peaches.
- Sarah at Savoring the Good has a beautiful site. She writes posts about food, family, travel, and movies. She has even been on TV! I don’t want to be on TV, but I really like what she is doing. Her post on making veggie stock is so much better than mine. Sarah is another blogger who inspires me to improve my photography skills.
- Ask Away was one of the first blogs I found when I decided to transition my site from a food to lifestyle blog. Ellen started the site as a place for anyone to come about any type of advice, but it is so much more than that. She’s also been blogging since 2010 and still has relevant and meaningful posts. She has a simple layout and I really like her Outfit of the Day posts.
Are there any bloggers that you love and inspire you? Let me know!