Whether you like the Eagles or the Patriots, these spiced cocoa chickpeas will satisfy any crazy fan. They are easy to make and can be prepared ahead. Chickpeas make a great snack. They are crunchy and tasty. Tossing them in spiced cocoa, maple sugar, and honey will satisfy any sweet tooth.
I’ve been having a rough time in the recipe department. I have been trying to perfect a recipe for vegan lavender and lemon angel food cupcakes, but every attempt so far has failed. Because I am using aquafaba in place of egg whites in the recipe, I have accumulated a lot of chickpeas. I made these spiced cocoa chickpeas which actually turned out great.
You should definitely serve these chickpeas at your Super Bowl party. Now, I know this is a Central PA based blog and I may live closer to Philly than Pittsburgh, but I am not an Eagles fan. I root for the Steelers and no, I don’t want to talk about their season.
My friend likes the Patriots and because I just can’t bring myself to cheer on the Eagles, I will be rooting for the Patriots on Sunday. Who do you want to win this year’s Super Bowl?
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp maple sugar
- 1 Tbsp Winter Chai Spiced Cocoa
- 1-2 Tbsp honey or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the rinsed chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are baking, mix the sugar, spiced cocoa, and honey or coconut oil together in a bowl.
- Toss the chickpeas in the cocoa mixture.
- If using honey, place them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes to caramelize them.