Summer is officially here! I know you would rather spend time outdoors having fun than working hard in the kitchen. These 12 summer slow cooker recipes featuring some of my favorite fruits and veggies allow you to savor the freshness of summer without spending too much time in the kitchen. So, spend a little time on prep, get out and enjoy your day and these meals and sides will be waiting for you when you get in!
- Lemon Slow Cooker Chicken Pasta from Living Sweet Moments looks so deliciously creamy. I would definitely take Tiffany’s suggestion and add additional veggies like peas or carrots.
- Cherry Braised Beef Brisket with Creamy Mashed Potatoes from Use Your Noodles emanates comfort. The sweet cherries are a perfect complement to this savory dish.
- DIY Healthy Homemade Blueberry Applesauce from Athletic Avocado has just three ingredients: blueberries, apples, and cinnamon. It’s simple, healthy, and delicious.
- Slow Cooker Roasted Beets from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen is a simple recipe with so many possibilities. I love beets and this technique doesn’t involve heating up your oven on a hot day, so what could be better?
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Stew from The Life Jolie is a savory dish that when made in your slow cooker results in tender beef with an Italian twist. This would be perfect served over polenta.
- Vegetarian Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup from Yummy Mummy Kitchen takes just ten minutes to prepare. This recipe is vegetarian and perfect for a busy weekday dinner.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Masala from Champagne Tastes is another vegetarian dish you can make in your slow cooker. It’s versatile so you can use any vegetables you have on hand.
- Slow Cooker Harvest Pork Roast Dinner from Homemade Food Junkie is everything I love about summer in one easy dish. A little bit of heat from the peppers plus the sweetness of nectarines paired with everything else in this pork dinner is just perfection.
- Pulled Pork Sammys and Slaw from The Organic Kitchen is made with homemade BBQ sauce. I would be remiss if I did not include a pulled pork recipe in this roundup and this recipe is perfect for any summer picnic.
- Thick and Chunky Garden Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce from Buy This Cook That uses veggies you never would have thought to put in spaghetti sauce. Peppers, squash, and mushrooms make this a filling sauce everyone will love.
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli from Little Sunny Kitchen is a healthy take on a classic Chinese dish. You won’t to spend money on take out once you’ve tried this tender and delicious dish.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Burrito Bowls from Bourbon and Honey are easy to make and customizable. Onions, jalapenos, and red peppers are just a few of the veggies featured in this dish that you can pick up from the farmers market or your own garden.
What are your favorite summer fruits and veggies to use in a slow cooker?