This post contains affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. See Affiliate Disclosure
The Masonic Village Farm Market is located in Elizabethtown, PA. They sell produce, salsa, baked goods, and popcorn kernels. Making stove top popcorn from the kernels is fun to make and healthier than microwave popcorn. I bought rainbow kernels so the kernels vary between white, yellow, and brown.
I cannot get over how much better stove top popcorn tastes compared to microwave popcorn. It’s so easy to make, too!
Here are the instructions:
Place 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a saucepan and heat over medium high heat.
Add 3 kernels to the pan. When they pop, remove pan from the heat and add ⅓ cup of kernels. I know ⅓ cup doesn’t seem like a lot, but trust me, when they pop, you’ll have a full pan! Shake the pan to coat all of the kernels in the coconut oil. Place pan back on the heated burner and place a lid on top, slightly ajar.
Remove the pan from the heat once all the kernels have popped. It’s that easy!
Calicutts Spice Co. has some great spices that taste delicious on stove top popcorn.
Make them savory by tossing 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil with 2 tablespoons of Chipotle and Honey spice.
Make them sweet by tossing 1 tablespoon of maple sugar with 1 tablespoon of Spiced Cocoa.
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels
- Sweet Option:
- 1 Tbsp maple sugar
- 1 Tbsp spiced cocoa
- Savory Option:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp chipotle and honey spice
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add 3 kernels to the pan.
- When the kernels have popped, remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining kernels. Shake to coat in the coconut oil.
- Return the pan to the heated burner until all kernels have popped.
- Eat plain or toss with either the sweet or savory option. Enjoy!
What are your favorite popcorn toppings?