This beet and grapefruit salad with salmon has everything healthy in it. Beets are great for your heart in that they can help reduce blood pressure and lower your risk of heart disease. Grapefruits are also heart healthy. Salmon has a high content of omega-3 and other vitamins and minerals.
The salmon in this recipe comes from Wild for Salmon, a business started by Pennsylvania natives who sustainably harvest their salmon from Alaska. They sell burgers, fillets, smoked salmon, other types of seafood, and even treats for your pets.
The beets come from Strites’ Orchard and they are extremely easy to prepare for this salad. Simply trim off the ends, place in a pot with water, bring to a boil and simmer 45 minutes to an hour. Forty five minutes will result in a crisper beet and cooking them longer will leave them soft and tender. Cook them to your preference.
- 2-3 beets, cooked and chopped
- 1 grapefruit, sliced
- 2-3 cups arugula
- 2 garden style salmon burgers
- ½ Tbsp butter
- To cook the salmon burgers, heat butter over medium heat in a pan. Cook burgers 1-2 minutes each side.
- For each salad, place 1-1/2 cups arugula on a plate. Place half the chopped beets and half the grapefruit on top. Top with the salmon burger.
- Serve with a simple vinaigrette.