This post contains affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. See Affiliate Disclosure
I might be a little obsessed with this jalapeno honey mustard. It is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy and goes perfectly with a nice sharp cheddar cheese.
I never really liked mustard growing up, but now that I’m an adult, I love it. If you don’t like spicy, this mustard is not for you. However, mustard is so versatile, you can change up this recipe to make it suit your taste.
- Tone down the spice by only using a tablespoon of the jalapeno balsamic vinegar and substitute the rest with apple cider or white vinegar.
- If you don’t like the whole mustard seeds, pour everything into a blender or food processor and mix it up until it is smooth.
- Add or substitute different spices to give it a unique flavor.
- ½ cup ground yellow mustard
- ¼ cup mustard seeds
- ⅓ cup jalapeno white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Let sit overnight. Store in the refrigerator.
When you first mix the ingredients, the mustard will be thin. Let it sit out on your counter overnight to thicken up. This mustard’s flavor will also get better with time, so let it sit out longer before storing it in the fridge.