This post contains affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. See Affiliate Disclosure
I found the inspiration for this recipe for Chipotle and Honey egg salad from a recipe from 1919. You see, in addition to food, I also love genealogy. So you can imagine my surprise when I was browsing The Philadelphia Evening Ledger and found a recipe column written by Mrs. Wilson. I found quite a few recipes that I wanted to try. Below is the recipe that inspired the one I made today.I am not sure how she used four tablespoons of parsley in her recipe because two was a lot for me. It’s always recommended to use fresh parsley, but since winter is coming/already here, the rabbits and cold have diminished the parsley supply in my grandpa’s garden, I used dried parsley flakes in this recipe.
I love my egg salad to have that tang from extra mustard so I used two teaspoons, but it could be reduced to one if you are not a mustard fan. Also, I have not found a locally produced mustard, so if anyone knows of any, please let me know!
The Chipotle and Honey spice from Calicutts gives this egg salad an extra sweet and spicy kick. Egg salad is not anything that is usually fancy, so adding the spice elevates it to a level above your standard egg salad. You could even add the spice to deviled eggs in place of paprika.
Chipotle and Honey Egg Salad
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp Chipotle and Honey spice
- 2 tsp mustard
- 3-4 Tbsp mayo
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped or flakes
- 1 Tbsp onion, grated or chopped
- Place eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. Place on burner and turn heat to high. Bring to a rolling boil. Cover and turn off heat. Let sit 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water and peel. Chop and add to a bowl.
- In the bowl with the eggs, add the remaining ingredients and mix. Cover and let chill.